Thursday, July 19, 2012

Makeup Randomness


  I realized the other day that even though I have been slathering on the SPF 30, I had gotten tan enough to change my foundation color.  I wanted to find the correct undertones for my skin tone and demonstrate that I put 5 swatches of my matte, oil-free foundation on the underside of my arm.  
  
  There is a reason that most women find that finding a foundation color is harder than it looks.  That is because all of these foundation colors are in the warm tones but they are completely different.   The very first foundation color is barely visible on my skin, that is my "winter" color, called Linen.  But they rest of me is a lot darker than this area, so I wanted to go up one shade.  My sister is the 3rd shade, and my mom is the 5th shade.  In order to not have the dreaded foundation line I tested them all on my face and picked the 2nd and 3rd to try on.








 These pictures are a lot closer than I would like but you can see how great this foundation covers.  I have a lot of discoloration on my face and it literally disappears from the cheekbone down when I applied the foundation.  I also applied the foundation on my jawline down to see how it blended into my neck area.


This is the 3rd foundation color (Vanilla Cream), the one my sister and my sister-in-law both wear.  The color was way more visible compared to the 2nd (Tender Beige).  Since this is not the look that I am going for, I chose Tender Beige.  If I feel like my face is looking too light, I just add bronzer and if I continue to darken through out the summer, I can add in a cooler tone to add in a tan color.


Me pulling off the Katniss Everdeen braid with my Tender Beige foundation.














No comments:

Post a Comment