Wednesday, August 29, 2012

{Head Shot} Makeup Look


So this amazing thing happened the other day, 
I won a contest to have a free head shot done by this awesome local 
photographer.  I never win ANYTHING so I was excited not just to 
win something, but I had just said to my sister that I needed to do a professional head shot for my website profile.   This could not have come at a better time or by a better photographer!  I have been in the makeup industry for 11 years and I don't know how we haven't worked together before, but I hope to work with him soon.

His name is Echard Wheeler and you can check out his website at



So of course I had to play makeup and figure out the "look" that I wanted for the head shot.  
It needed to be timeless, I didn't want to do anything too trendy.
I did a YouTube video just because, you can find it here

I used the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette to create this look, using 
Bootycall, Suspect, and Snakebite.

























So this is what it looked like as I was headed for the head shot 
appointment today.  I hope the pictures turned out ok, 
I'm so nervous to see what they look like!
It was a fun experience, and it always helps to have a photographer that is fun and puts you at ease. 
I tell you what, it's not easy acting like a super model for 15 minutes, they make it look easy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment